In order to get started with any Prefixbox product you will need to first implement Analytics – all of our products learn and continuously improve based on this data, so analytics is a key part of a great search.
Note: Since Prefixbox provides data-driven search solutions, please understand that you must have at least 30.000 on-site searches / month in your webshop for us to be able to make meaningful improvements.
Get started with the free Site Search Analytics
To get started with our Site Search Analytics, please create a free account on the Prefixbox website and complete the following 3 steps.
Find additional documentation here:
1. Step – Product feed URL by the Customer
To configure the Site Search Analytics we need a product feed URL from you that contains all the products that can be purchased on your site.
Prefixbox will refresh this list by downloading it from the provided URL multiple times per day, so we only need this from you once.
Your product feed URL must be available in one of the following formats:
- CSV / TSV
For this integration, we need the following product attributes:
- Identifier [mandatory]: The unique ID of the product. Type: string.
- ProductName [mandatory]: The display text of the product, typically this is the product name. Type: string.
- AlternativeProductName [optional]: If the product has an alternative display text, fill out this field. Type: string.
- Url [mandatory]: The full (absolute) URL of the product. Type: string.
- ImageUrl [mandatory]: The absolute URL of the image of the product. Type: string.
- Category[mandatory]: The category of the product. E.g.: electronic devices/laptops/accessories. Type: string.
- Price[mandatory]: The price of the product. Type: double.
- OldPrice[optional]: The old price of the product (e.g. you have some kind of promotion that changes the regular price). Type: double.
Note: If you don’t already have a product feed URL available, please find our documentation on how to create one in JSON format: JSON product feed format
2. Step – plugin.js configuration by the Prefixbox Customer Success team
3. Step – Page events integration by the Customer
After receiving the unique plugin.js from the Prefixbox Customer Success Team, you’ll have to add that that to your website HTML code.
Details are described here: Prefixbox Page Events
Once this is successfully integrated, you will be able to see the detailed metrics in the Search Analytics dashboard in the Prefixbox Portal.
During the first month, we are happy to walk you through the Search Analytics dashboard and help you understand all of the tracked metrics.
For the 3rd step of the Site Search Analytics integration you will need a Front End developer.
We are happy to provide any additional help, free of charge.